Thursday, August 13, 2009

Names and Labels

I bet in the course of our lives, we have given or called someone names. Sometimes it's really just a friendly thing, it could be a name or pet name that you give to your loved ones, a nasty name, etc. We, unknowingly have being called names as well.

Recently I realise that I AM the bitch who I turned out to be, like a nasty one. I give people nicknames based on the way they look, dresses or act. But who am I to blame? I'm just a gay boy and I did not mean it when I give names and people start to use it on that person. Well eventually it dies down. I feel guilty.

BUT I did give names to my good/close friends as well, something nice or to remember us. It's a good kind of name which probably began with something nasty at 1st. I myself have several names that people give me like my housemate calls me weird names which do not play any significant role as well, or G, a friend of mine since like forever, like more than 10 years have a name for me, etc.

Well yes it could be nasty but it's a way for me to remember people. At least it's good that I do not give names to my friends.

Right now I give names only to my lecturers, tutors or all those people who prowl the bars and clubs that I go to. My housemate and friends know bout the nickname cos it's either those people have affected our lives in a bad way or we are disgusted by their actions. Imagine, a guy crying in a bar just to gain attention from everyone, pathetic isn't it? And mind you, he's 30+ years old or late 20's, we do not need such drama. But then again it's a gay bar, it's suppose to be dramatic. Everyone's a drama queen sometimes.

A very good friend of mine, which we tell people that we are brothers and share the same mom, has a label stuck on him. Everyone thinks that he's a slut and he sleeps around and blah blah blah. I find it irritating when people tell me "Hey don't talk to that guy, he's gonna sleep with you, then leave you." It's either that or they tell me, your boyfriend is a slut. Whatever..... Who knows him better? You or me? I know his background and everything. Honestly, I don't find it a problem, him sleeping around or whatsoever because he's single and not seeing anyone, it does not make him any less of a human. In fact I know several people who sleeps around when they are single and be loyal when they are attached. As long as whatever they do does not affect me. That said, it also does not mean that I sleep around when I am single because I find it disgusting, it's a personal thing.

I bet I have several labels myself especially in this place that I am studying. I've being labeled gay boy, fag, druggie, stuck up boy, boy with the funny accent, boy who does not speak Mandarin, Malaysian boy, basically anything that you can think of. The label druggie came because people know that I know where to get drugs, but it still doesn't mean that I use em because I despise drugs.

But I guess it's just part of growing up and living in this so very dramatic world. Everyone's dramatic in a way or another. As bitchy as I may sound, some people actually deserve those names or labels.

Currently my favourite is prawns. They are the who have a really good body (washboard abs, nice pecs, etc) but a fail face but they are oh-so arrogant thinking that 'I-am-so-hot-cos-my-body's-so-great' who loves dancing shirtless in clubs.

Why do I call them prawns? Easy, when you eat prawns, you remove the head and enjoy the body right? Same goes for these people, cover the head, and enjoy the body.

Basically I'm more attracted to what's in his head rather than his physique.

No comments: