Monday, September 1, 2008

Movie Review: Money Not Enough 2

This is a local Singaporean production. I think this movie is really good as it shows the current issues that people are facing in Singapore and to some in Malaysia...

It was suppose to be a funny film or something, I think I have watched the 1st episode but I am unsure if I did or if I could recall it.

It is in Chinese and also a Chinese dialect called Hokkien, which is spoken in several parts of Malaysia, Singapore, Taiwan and Indonesia. But it varies as Singaporean Hokkien is different from the Hokkien in Penang and stuff....

This movie is bout 3 brothers rushing to get rich and at the end they fall to their low and realises that what is really important to them. Meanwhile their mother are sort of getting a little bit senile or perhaps just testing them but how much they love her. It is really sad and I cried, like cried cried and I dun normally cry in films, this is the 3rd movie that actually made me cry so yeah.

Here's the trailer
Not really a good trailer but trust me, the show is touching

A quote from the song about the mother:

You dotted their lives and you love them unconditionally but look where are you lying now? You seem to be unimportant to them and you treated you like trash (not 100% accurate but I tried my best)

What is our society going into? I guess it is really all about the money.

Mr K aka my ex told me once, his goals is to collect as much money as possible cos he wants to live the high life....... Well you know what? Money isn't gonna remember you or appreciate you, loved ones are.

No comments: