Tuesday, February 5, 2008

A friend that changed

There was once I got to know this guy in secondary school, he was a really nice guy and he invited me to his birthday party. We were in the same primary school but we did not know each other. We were in the same class in secondary school so that is how we got to know each other, then things went on well and let's fast forward a few years later......

He had this really good friend, N which he calls best friend and I don't really remember what happened. So things were tough as both of them were quarreling and wanted to fight and things went from bad to worse. So I tried to console this friend or tried to help him and we click really well. Ok let's give a name to this friend, say A. So A and I became good friends but not like best friends cos maybe we had problems with the word best friends from past experiences.....

We hang out everyday with some group of friends and he would always motivate me to do better in my exams and I listen to him and give him advices on things and you know do what really good friends do. We even traveled together to KL and stuff. He was also the 1st guy friend who I came out to. He was devastated cos he did not know bout it and thought it was bad. He accepted it and did not really care if I was retarded or whatever. We are good friends cos we click and we care for each other. I know you might think we are in love. The answer is NO. I would never date him. He is my really good friend and I care for all of my good friends. They are like my really close family. Ok let's fast forward again......

2006 came and I had to go to Deutschland, he was sorta sad and stuff but we kept in contact a little but drifted apart.

One year later I came back and he was already study in another state and he got a really prestigious scholarship which million of people would want. He is doing well in his studies and also social life. He got new friends and a new clique. I met him and he did not look so like excited to meet me as I am. I sense something has changed. I will not blame anyone, EVERYONE changes. He became more held back about my orientation and things like that. We avoid certain topics unlike last time we talked bout EVERYTHING. I have concluded that he has changed....

So yesterday I followed him to have dinner and stuff and he introduced me to several friends of his. They weren't the nicest or friendliest person on Earth. It feels like a hi and bye kinda people. Totally ignored me. So A told me that he like them a lot cos they click well and he could not believe that he did not meet them earlier. He likes them a lot. So of course who am I to disapprove when he asked me bout it. It's just I think both of us have sorta already not only drifted away but changed. I missed the old A but at the same time, we wish for everything so I would say A is just my friend.

We know a lot about each other but he probably had forgotten lots about me but I can tell he still care to a certain extend.

A, you have changed, I hope for the better. I wish you best of luck in your coming exams and I hope you get the 3 As that you are aiming for.

I told you I'll be there for you, past, present, future........
Distance will either make relationships stronger or weaker

EJ

1 comment:

Jake said...

Dude, are you sure you're not in love with him? Because if you're not, I daresay to go give him a nice kick in the groin for abandoning your friendship then give him a long, nice, wet kick for denying your true gender!!! I hate guys who are so particular about gender. They're so '50s. I suggest you enlist your ex-friend "A" for a sex reassignment and and give a nice little nip and tuck!!! I LOVE THIS POST! Mwah.